Many of you may not be aware of the fact that lightings have some other roles to play than just making your aquarium look nice and beautiful. They play a crucial role in maintaining the health of fish and plants that live in the aquarium. As there are many aquarium lights to choose from, you may easily get confused about selecting the most useful one. If you are facing this problem then you have come to right place. In this article, we are going to tell you about the most effective aquarium lightings which are LED lightings. Here are some reasons as to why LED aquarium lighting is becoming more popular nowadays.
- Energy efficient: LED aquarium lights are considered to be more energy efficient as compared to metal halides. This energy efficiency is delivered in two ways- firstly, LED lights require very less energy for functioning and secondly, they prevent the water from getting hot as they radiate minimal heat. As there is no or very little heat in the water of the aquarium with LED lighting, the need of chiller is eliminated or reduced. It helps you to cut on your energy cost.
- Longer life span: As compared to other aquarium lights, the LED bulbs are designed to have a greater life span. Surprisingly, they can work efficiently up to 5 years. What’s more, unlike fluorescent tubes and metal halides, they do not cause reduction in the light even after working for years. So, if you are looking for reliable aquarium lighting, you should go for LED bulbs.
- Emit few UV radiations: UV radiations are dangerous for the life of plants and fish that you preserve in your aquarium, especially the light sensitive corals are very prone to such radiations. LED lights emit lesser fractions of UV radiations as compared to other aquarium lights, so they are safe to use.
- Various lighting modes: This is an attractive feature of the LED lights that makes your aquarium look outstanding. There are different lighting modes of LED lights, which get changed automatically according to the natural lighting conditions. These lighting modes are- Daylight, Moonlight, Sunset and Sunrise. These modes keep on changing according to the natural cycle of light and thus, create stunning illumination. These lighting modes make your aquarium look beautiful all through the day.
- Reduced light spillage: The lenses that are used in the LED bulbs result in the reduced spillage of light. It is an additional benefit that you don’t get with other types of aquarium lighting. Due to this feature, the light only focuses on the areas where it is required. If, for example the light is focused on the corals, it will not affect the walls of the aquarium. Reduced light on the walls of the aquarium protect the glass from algae.
- Less evaporation of water: The LED lights radiate less heat as compared to other lightings. Also, they have in-built fans to disperse out the heat from the tank. It results into lesser evaporation of water from the aquarium.
All the above benefits make the LED lighting an obvious choice of the aquarium lovers.