Finding the right place to buy a Yorkie puppy can be hard work. If you are ready to adopt a Yorkie puppy, you have to begin the search because it takes a lot of time to find the perfect place. If you make the wrong choice, you can end up with a sick puppy or a dof who has behavioral issues. Probably you are wondering where you can find Yorkie puppies for sale in California, raised in the good conditions, in a healthy way.
Considering that the puppy you will choose will with you for the next 15-20 years, here you can find a list of information really helpful to know before buying a Yorkshire Terrier:
- Never buy a puppy from someone who wants to meet you in a parking lot. If they refuse to let you into their home, they are probably hiding something. Do not buy a puppy from this kind of person for any reason!
- Most reputable breeder will not let a Yorkie leave until they are 12 weeks old. Earlier the puppy is too small and he has to learn much more from his mother and his litter mates.
- Visit the puppy before buying him and ask to see his mother too. It’s suspicious if they are not able to present you the mother.
- Always ask to see the vet card. Puppies should be given their first set of vaccines before leaving, at 12 weeks and no sooner especially for toy breeds.
- Don’t buy your Yorkie puppy from a pet store. Most of these puppies come from puppy mills.
- Find a good breeder who can give you a health certification, to help ensure that the puppies don’t have genetic diseases.
- Don’t run from breeders who ask you a lot of questions like: do you have kids, have you had a toy breed, do you have a fenced in yard. If a breeder does that means that he is more interested in placing his pups in loving and caring families than making big bucks.
- Before buying a Yorkie puppy you must ask the breeder some questions such as: can I see the mother or father of the puppy?, How long have you been breeding yorkies?, Will my dog come with a health guarantee?, Have you had any genetic conditions in your lines?, Where do you keep your puppies?.
Take the time to do your research before buying a Yorkie puppy and don’t make a quick purchase. Visit different breeders before you decide which is the perfect place with teacup Yorkie puppies for sale in California. A yorkie puppy is a long term commitment, that’s why the process of buying requires a lot of time and effort. Don’t forget to take the Yorkie to a vet soon after adoption. He will help you avoid many health issues, by giving to you useful advices regarding his raising and feeding. Remember that finding the right breeder is the only way to find the right puppy.